1. My favorite book is... Can you choose just one?! Let's declare a tie between Pattern Recognition by William Gibson and Above Suspicion by Helen MacInnes. Other favorites include The Rook by Daniel O'Malley, Yes, Please by Amy Poehler, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchet, The Lord of the Rings, and any vintage mystery.
2. I like making technology better. I had this crazy dream to make the world a better place and after landing an amazing job at Microsoft, I never looked back. I've worked on all kinds of products, from website builders to calendars.
3. I love tea. I'm a huge fan of English Breakfast or Earl Grey with milk. Just be sure the water is boiling hot. I love to nerd out on tea and find any excuse for hosting elaborate afternoon tea parties. Alice in Wonderland, anyone?
4. I wrote 4 young adult fantasy books. They never saw the light of day, thank goodness. I later realized I wanted to write a vintage mystery that pays homage to Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh and other lovely Golden Age detective stories.
5. I love to re-watch and re-read. I know, I know! But I just can't stop. My favorite TV shows to re-watch include Leverage, Happy Endings, Poirot and Rosemary & Thyme. There are too many books to list, but I love re-reading kids books, mysteries, vintage fantasy and sci-fi.
6. I'm fascinated by the Detection Club. The old society of detective writers seems like the ultimate in fun and function--you get to do silly things, have a secret handshake (right?!) and help each other get better at writing mysteries.