1. My favorite book is... Can you really choose just one?! Let's call it a close tie between Pattern Recognition by William Gibson and Above Suspicion by Helen MacInnes. Other favorites include The Rook by Daniel O'Malley, Yes, Please by Amy Poehler, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchet, The Lord of the Rings, and then pretty much anything by Ngaio Marsh.
2. I really love tea. I'm a huge fan of English Breakfast or Earl Grey with milk, and I absolutely need the water to be boiling hot. I love to nerd out on tea and find any excuse for hosting elaborate afternoon tea parties. Alice in Wonderland, anyone?
3. I wrote 4 cringe-worthy young adult fantasy books. They never saw the light of day. I'm pretty sure they are full of cliches, but this is before I realized I wanted to write a vintage murder mystery that recaptured my love for the old 1920s-1930s books.
4. I love to re-watch and re-read. I know, I know! But I just can't stop. My favorite TV shows to re-watch include Leverage, Happy Endings, Poirot and Rosemary & Thyme. My favorite books to re-read include all my favorites, plus most vintage mysteries.
5. My guilty pleasures are pretty silly. I love to re-watch the silly 1970s Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys TV show, re-read the yellow-binding Nancy Drew books, and I thought Twilight wasn't totally awful.
6. I'm fascinated by the Golden Age of Detectives secret society. The society of detective writers seems like the ultimate in fun and function--you get to do silly things, have a secret handshake (right?!) and help each other get better at writing mysteries.