Things I've published recently
Short mysteries set in the 1920s.
- The Dancing Corpse: When Frances was a child, she saw a dancing corpse the night her mother disappeared. After receiving her mother's locket, she returns to her childhood home in Poltimore to uncover the truth. Appeared in Betty Fedora (Dec 2017).
- A Touch of Treachery: At the height of WWI, a poor hatcheck girl uncovers a plot to smuggle sensitive military secrets. Appeared in Flash Bang Mystery (Apr 2017).
- The Death at Knightshayes Court: At the ancestral home of Sir Reuben, a young woman dies, and elderly book seller Cornelius investigates. Appeared in Mystery Weekly Magazine (Jan 2017).
- Double Bluff Beach: Remembering the moment of falling in love. Appeared in Poetry on Buses.
- Early harvest: A moment of fragile balance before things change. Appeared in Crab Creek Review.
- Dear Mom: The intangible things you carry when leaving home and finding your place. Appeared in Poetry on Buses.
- Coming back home: The strangeness when you return to a former place or moment in time. Appeared in Cascadia Review.